Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Book Review: At Home: A Short History of Private Life by Bill Bryson



Book: At Home: A Short History of Private Life by Bill Bryson (I read an uncorrected proof, prepub copy)


About: Bryson goes room by room explaining how the items, customs and traditions of one's home became that way


Pros: Very interesting and hilarious.

Some Interesting Things I Learned:


The difference between herbs and spices is that herbs come from the leaves of a plant and spices come from the bark or other non-leaf parts.


Once electric lighting took off, sales of books and magazines soared. More light = more reading.


Ice was once America's second biggest crop by weight.


Cons: None I can remember


Grade: A-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love ALL Bill Brysons books. I'm looking forward to this new one.

eXTReMe Tracker